FALL BALL - WYL FALL SKILLS PROGRAM
In order to accomplish our goal of developing home-grown high school caliber lacrosse talent, Winchester Lacrosse is pleased bring back our Fall Ball program.
- The Fall Ball program will consist of 2 skills practice per week for each age group.
- We will also a couple "game days", which will be scheduled during weekends and feature full speed scrimmage opportunities for all age groups.
- What you will need:
- Everyone needs a stick, cleats and cup.
- For 1st Graders, or first time players in 2nd Grade, we will allow players to re-borrower our WYL equipment.
- All other players need helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads and gloves.
We do not want those lax sticks to see your attic/basement. We want our boys to be playing lax at least once a week during the so-called “off season”.
If your son (or young daughter) is not playing extra lacrosse (through a Club or elsewhere), this program is intended to push their lax skills forward in preparation for the Spring. If your son is playing lacrosse with a Club, this program is likely still doable because of the times and locations.
- Program will run from September 9th - November 8th
- 4 grade-based groups:
- Group 1 (1st/2nd Grade);
- Group 2 (3rd/4th Grade);
- Group 3 (5th/6th Grade); and
- Group 4 (7th/8th Grade).
- We plan to hold all practices at Ambrose Field (stay tuned as field schedule is finalized) - but do not expect to move practice location.
- All practices will be 4:00PM-5:15PM. Players are expected to be ready sharply at 4PM.
- Practice Schedule:
- Monday & Wednesday: Groups 3 and 4
- Tuesday & Thursday: Groups 1 and 2
- All players may attend one or both practices (for your applicable age group)
- All players will receive a Fall Ball pinnie.
- Fall Ball is run by Phil Reuland (Offensive Coordinator of the WHS varsity team), with coaching help from Mike Armstrong (from the WHS staff) and several of our WHS players (ahhem, State Champs).
SACHEM SKILLS GOALS AND CONCEPTS
- High level, we want the players to show up for Spring lacrosse as better players than they were in June of 2019.
- We want to allow kids to improve during the “off season”. Some of our boys play Club lax, this program is meant to serve as an alternative and/or supplement to Club lax.
- Coaches will set improvement goals for each participant, with input from the kids themselves.
- Encourage the kids to work toward their goals at home (ex., work on cradling; find a wall for wall ball).
- Periodically access how each kid is doing, and supplement goals as needed.
Parents of 1st-4th Graders – In general, we would like parents on hand for these sessions. Our coaches will be there, but a parental presence will be important to help and to keep order. Thanks in advance.
Winchester Youth Lax
Questions? Hit me up at email@example.com
Base Cost: $250.00
Open to: Residents of: 01890
In Grades: 1 to 8 for 2019-20 School year