Lax Parents (or Lax-parents-to-be)!
Welcome to the Winchester Youth Lacrosse Registration Page!
GRADE BASED PROGRAMING
HOUSE LEAGUE (K-2nd).
- Age Group Coordinator and Volunteer/Parent run.
- One (1) all-grade practice during the week; Saturday scrimmages; Sunday games; evenly weighted teams.
- More game-play this year with the Saturday drop-in scrimmages.
- Note - Program is possibly moving to Skillings grass.
SMALL BALL (3RD – 4TH).
- Age Group Coordinator and Parent run.
- Small-ball format. 7 v 7, with goalies.
- Two (2) practices during the week; Saturday scrimmages; Sunday games (except for make-up games); evenly weighted teams required by TPL.
- 4th Graders will learn the full field game in preparation of the Border Battle at Avon Old Farms.
FULL FIELD PLAY (5th– 8TH).
- Age Group Coordinator are main point of organization and manage paid coaches.
- 1-2 AGCs remain the main contact for parents and players.
- Two (2) practices during the week; Saturday games (except for make-up games); teams broken into A and B teams by WYL in the late Winter.
- Encourage all teams to play in the Border Battle at Avon Old Farms.
- Note, these grades could have “free” weekends if new scheduling rules are imposed to be filled with tourneys or out of TPL games.
ADMISSIONS AND GEAR
- Generally. Cost for enrolling in WYL programs pays for field rentals, gear packages (described below), tourney admissions and paid coaches.
- House League – All kids will receive (a) a reversible Winchester lacrosse jersey to be worn all season (practices and games), and (b) Winchester Lacrosse bumper sticker/magnet.
- 3rd – 4th Grade. Enrollment will include (a) practice pinnie (each Grade will have distinct color/design); (b) a reversible game pinnie; and (c) Winchester Lacrosse bumper sticker/magnet.
- 5th – 8th Grade
- Enrollment will include (a) practice penny (each Grade will have distinct color/design); (b) Winchester lacrosse shorts, and (c) Winchester Lacrosse bumper sticker/magnet.
- WYL provide players with their own game-jerseys – they will be returned at the end of each season.
- We will offer a pre-season sale of gear like (a) WYL lacrosse bags, (b) Winchester lacrosse hoodies, (c) Winchester lacrosse hats, and (d) Winchester lacrosse socks.
2019 Spring Pricing
- House League: $275
- 3rd – 4th: $285
- 5th - 8th Grade: $325
(Reach out to WYL for scholarship consideration)
WYL Program Mission and Goals. Please click HERE to review our mission and goals.